AVAILABLE IN PDF FORM! Download it here.
Send the PDF to your normie friends, instead of my bad optics website.
This article is a quick TL;DR on what to expect at each stage of nofap, so you can mentally prepare yourself for the effects.
Apologies that my more fleshed-out porn articles aren’t out yet but, as I’ve said in the past, they’re hard to write because they make me mad. They’re “almost finished.” But if you’re familiar with the creative process, you’ll know that this stage of creating anything can take as long as every other stage combined. Unfortunate, but that’s just how it is.
You can find my current article on porn here, which includes evidence of negative effects, tips on how to quit, etc. It’s not the best, since it’s ripped straight from Twitter, but it’s still pretty informative and contains pretty much everything you need to know.
Anyway, enough rambling.
Note: This is a generalized guide, you may experience these effects at slightly different times to those listed here, but most people can expect to follow this progression down to the week.
- You will think about porn 24/7.
- This is the most difficult week, by far.
- You are most likely to fail.
- Insane urges to fap. Porn will be on your mind 24/7.
- Your “foggy brain” will begin to fade from this point, but you will not see major improvements until week 3.
- You will feel a good sense of achievement after not fapping for 3 days, but stay disciplined.
- Testosterone is peaking.
- Strong urges to fap, again don’t get complacent.
- However, urges begin to decrease from this point.
- You will have more energy.
- Slight improvement in focus and memory.
- You will begin to “feel human again.”
- You may suffer from insomnia and other side effects, such as irritability, mood swings, etc.
- You may also suffer a total loss of any sexual urges at all.
- All of this will pass with 1-2 weeks.
- Further improvements in focus and drive (though this may be counteracted by any negative side effects, e.g., insomnia).
- Slightly improved confidence.
- You will likely have a deeper voice by this point; vocal pitch will continue to slowly drop until around 2 months.
- Your hormones and mood begin to stabilize and general vitality returns.
- Urges to watch porn significantly decrease from this point.
- “Brain fog” should be noticeably reduced, with decreases in daydreaming, spacing out during conversations, muddling of words, fatigue, lack of concentration, and forgetfulness.
- You will be noticeably less stressed.
- Noticeably improved confidence.
- Considerably more energy,
- You will be more productive and motivated.
- It’s likely that you will “feel like a new man” by this point, though that may occur during week two.
- Most notable spike of improvement in psyche and general health.
- You may notice things like an increase in muscle mass, even if you aren’t working out. (Though,
you should be working out during nofap, as it boosts testosterone and helps spend pent-up energy).
- Much clearer thinking.
- General lust for life.
- You will appreciate women on a non-sexual level instead of just thinking about ass and tits all the time.
- Also, 7/10 women become 9/10 women.
- Remember not to get complacent, you aren’t
in the clear yet.
After month 2
- You will rarely think about porn, minor urges
to watch porn that are very easily resisted (a huge change from every 5 minutes in week 1).
- Almost total clarity of mind.
- Greatly improved confidence.
Month 3 and beyond
- Your brain finally starts to fully ‘reset’ and heal from the physical effects of pornography addiction. Some (…probably most) people need longer than 3 months to fully heal and reprogram their brains.
- Urges to watch porn have almost completely disappeared.
Below is what the PDF looks like.
Download it here.