WordPress has an autofilter that requires me to approve certain comments, which is pretty effective at filtering out the idiots. Fortunately, their comments don’t make it out of the gate and are never seen by readers.
Sometimes these idiots cry about “censorship.” So, to be clear, I generally do not approve comments that contain:
- Racial slurs (note: if the comment is otherwise useful I will edit the slurs out)
- Low IQ sperging
- General schizo behavior
- Essays/textwalls (I don’t have time to read your thesis, sorry)
- URL spam to weird websites
- Fringe nonsense (“Ancient Egyptians were Black”, “Ashkenazis are Turkic”, “The Ainu are Huns”, “The Israelites were White”)
- Libtard nonsense
- Rudeness / aggressiveness for no reason
I do not censor comments for:
- Disagreeing with me
Also, sometimes I just forget to approve comments, so good replies accidentally get censored by the auto-filter.
Basically, just don’t be a freak, a doofus, or rude and your comment will be approved. “Be normal” is a perfectly reasonable standard of behavior and the vast majority of people who leave comments do so respectfully but, frankly, some of you people deserve to be censored.